Supervisor, Admissions Welcome Center (FT)
Admission & Information Serv - AIS
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt
Salary Range: M2
Function of Position: Create professional and welcoming first impression for all prospective students, families, faculty, and staff. Responsible for the supervision and operations of the frontline staff including the customer service function to students, parent and the college community. Responsible for establishing procedures, providing training and scheduling student workers and part-time staff to ensure outstanding customer service to prospective students and their families.
Duties of Position:
· Responsible for the recruitment, hiring, training, supervision, managing, evaluation, and scheduling of the front counter student workers and part-time staff.
· Provide outstanding customer service by assisting students, community members and staff with their questions and concerns, both in person and over the telephone, about admissions, registration, residency, courses, programs, and make proper referrals, if required.
· Identify and analyze problems pertaining to admissions with emphasis towards problem resolution and student service.
· Assist students with the admission application process, myACCESS, payment arrangements, registration, and records questions.
· Maintain inventory of consumer information publications and recommend additional items.
· Contribute to the implementation and assist in the development and modification of operational procedures for the office.
· Create and maintain procedural documentation.
· Schedule appointments and register students for events for recruitment purposes.
· Assist with the design and development of reports which assess the effectiveness of admissions outreach activities.
· Responds to e-mail inquiries in a timely professional manner with appropriate, accurate information.
· Maintains a reception area this well-organized with information and resources easily accessible to staff and visitors.
· Responsible for overseeing the completion of reminder calls for visit events.
· Develop working relationships with Supervisor of Enrollment Operations, Student Ambassador Coordinator, and Admissions & Outreach Event Specialist to ensure tasks are completed and workload is distributed amongst staff.
· Ensure current and accurate information is being communicated including but not limited to systems updates, management of current staff and workload, and account management for Ellucian Recruiter, Colleague, SARS, Image Now, and Avaya phone system.
· Other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years of experience in office work requiring database proficiency. Some supervisory experience required. Skills needed in office computer software skills such as Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, and e-mail. Demonstrated ability to communicate in English orally and in writing effectively. Emphasis on precision, proficiency, and productivity.
EDUCATION: Two years of college coursework with advance training in PC Office software applications such as word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) or more years of experience supervising student workers and staff as well as experience with office work with Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Business Objects and e-mail. Two or more years of satisfactory employment in a high traffic, customer contact position. Experience with Ellucian Recruiter and Colleague or other customer relationship management software. Bi-lingual.
EDUCATION: Associate's Degree
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Copier, multiple-line telephones, personal computer and scanner.
Large amount of work on computer; heavy telephone work, steady customer contact. Needs to have good communication skills, verbal and written, and good listening skills. Lift college materials up to 30 lbs. Extremely busy office, must be able to handle several projects and activities at the same time. Needs to be willing to adapt, change, and learn new technology.
Please apply at https://cod.hiretouch.com/applicant-login.