High School Admissions Representative - Admissions and Outreach, CF2E40632AIS
Function of Position:
Create and expand the awareness about College of DuPage offerings within the community and District 502 high schools; provide information to new and prospective students regarding admission to the college and the educational options available to them. Emphasis on outreach to high school students in assigned District 502 high schools, Admissions web content, electronic communications, and general recruitment data analysis.
Duties of Position:
· Develop, implement and evaluate recruitment activities and programs which create and expand an awareness of the value of education and benefits of attending College of DuPage. Emphasize outreach to high school students.
· Assist in planning, coordinating, executing and evaluating on and off-campus recruitment activities for prospective students.
· Represent the College and its programs and services at appropriate on and off-campus high school and community activities and events, such as, high school visits, college nights, community fairs and on-campus open houses.
· Provide information and advice to new and prospective students and their families through individual and group methods either on or off-campus.
· Provide high quality service in all interactions with high school counselors, prospective students, community members and community agencies, College faculty, staff and administrators.
· Assist in the development of annual recruitment plans, which includes specific and measurable objectives, strategies, specific target populations, time lines, evaluation methods and budget source identification. Prepare monthly recruitment reports for assigned high schools.
· Seek, initiate and participate in opportunities for collaboration with other College offices, staff, faculty, deans, associate deans, committees and task forces in planning, organizing and implementing recruitment programs and activities for targeted populations.
· Evaluate qualifications and make admissions decisions for Early Admission students; interpret placement test results and provide course selection assistance.
· Assist in coordinating, planning and implementing of major recruitment events for targeted populations, such as College Fair, Junior-Senior Night, Counselor Appreciation lunch and others.
· Implement automated and electronic communication methods into recruitment plans and activities.
· Assist with content of Admissions website.
· Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
Two (2) years' of admissions experience or related position requiring planning, implementation and evaluation of admissions and outreach activities and use on a database or inquiry management system. Proficiency in written and spoken English. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated strategic planning, follow-up and organizational skills; stamina, flexibility, strong interpersonal skills and self-motivated.
Previous community college experience and more than two years of experience described above. Bi-lingual.
Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Continuing Education, Higher Education Administration, Student Service Personnel and/or previous attendance at a community college.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
PC with Microsoft Office Suite applications including Outlook, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word; fax machine, copy machine, laptop computer and computer projector.
Must be able to lift heavy suitcases up to 30 lbs. Must have valid Illinois driver's license. Must deliver materials to high schools, businesses, and community locations in own car. Must be able to walk distances and climb stairs with college materials. Some evening and weekend hours required. Criminal background check is required for this position.
Please apply at https://cod.hiretouch.com/applicant-login?jobID=21611