Marquette University seeks the position of Admissions Counselor-Multicultural Outreach
The Admissions Counselor is an official representative of the university. This individual is involved with recruitment
of prospective students by means of contact with high school guidance and career counselors, community organizations, college fairs, informational sessions and meeting with prospective parents, students and others regarding admissions to Marquette. We are seeking a candidate who is fluent/bilingual (speaking, reading, writing) in English/Spanish. This position will work closely with several community organizations, including the National Hispanic Institute, United Community Center, and Milwaukee Public Schools to assist Spanish speaking families with the college search and admission process to Marquette.
Representing Marquette University to prospective parents and students, answering admissions related phone calls, travel to assigned territory (to be determined), visiting high schools, group presentations and attendance at on-campus events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Review applications for admission and scholarship decisions; offer or decline applications based on review by other counselors and a review committee member.
2. Answer prospective student inquiries (phone, email, and letter).
3. Represent the university to prospective students throughout the country through off-site recruitment activities (high school visits, college fairs, information nights, hotel interviews).
4. Conduct informational/evaluative interviews with prospective students (freshman and transfers) and their families who visit the Marquette campus.
5. Increase the quality of university relations with assigned Milwaukee-area high schools’ college guidance departments.
6. Represent the university to prospective students at on-site open house programs.
7. Continuous updating of personal knowledge base about the university and its position in the marketplace, especially the university’s points of distinction, as well as those of its competitors (i.e. meetings).
8. Serve as (or provide assistance to) the liaison between the admissions office and some of the university’s schools, colleges or departments
9. Manage or support recruitment activities in geographical territories.
10. Serve as (or provide assistance to) the liaison between the admissions office and one of the university’s schools, colleges or departments.
12. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
A bachelor’s degree, a valid driver’s license; excellent oral and written communication skills; and the ability to travel including some weekends and evenings.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Candidate must be fluent/bilingual in English/Spanish. This position will work closely with community organizations, the National Hispanic Institute, United Community Center and Milwaukee Public Schools to assist Spanish speaking families with the admission process to Marquette. Previous admissions experience and familiarity with Marquette University preferred.
For more information and to apply: https://employment.marquette.edu/postings/3318