Carl Sandburg College
Position Title: Director of Recruitment
Supervises: Recruiter/Advisor, Recruitment Assistant, Coordinator of Student Life and appropriate support staff
Reports To: Vice President of Student Services
Relationships: Dean of Student Services, Vice President of Student Services, Marketing and Public Relations Department
Purpose: Responsible for the design, implementation and evaluation of the prospective student recruitment program for the College
1. Develop and implement a district wide recruiting plan for credit programs.
2. Work in cooperation with Marketing and Public Relations to develop and produce marketing materials.
3. Design and implement an automated system of prospective student communications to provide follow-up communication with prospective students.
4. Develop and implement a plan to increase recruitment of non-traditional aged students.
5. Monitor enrollment and report findings on a regular basis including dashboard creation and maintenance of enrollment and recruitment metrics.
6. Design and implement a plan to have prospective student visits, open houses, etc.
7. Establish, maintain and improve relationships with counselors in district high schools, social service agencies and other key personnel in area business/industry.
8. Serve as liaison between high school faculty and faculty to promote academic programs/dual credit opportunities in the district high schools.
9. Remain current on labor market statistics impacting programs by consulting with the Coordinator of Career Development.
10. Visit with key personnel in business/industry and with directors of social service agencies at least twice per year to meet with prospective adult students.
11. Work in cooperation with staff to provide orientation activities on a district wide basis.
12. Develop key performance indicators and assess outcomes for departmental initiatives and activities. Report associated metrics and make data-driven decisions regarding plans and actions.
13. Prepare quantitative reports and documents for the purpose of reviewing goals, objectives and the evaluation of the institutional planning process.
14. Administer the budget, including authorization of expenditures.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Campus visits made by prospective students.
2. Off campus recruiting activities such as Business & Industry Expo, College Nights, career fairs, etc.
3. Counselors’ luncheons held twice each year at the Galesburg and Carthage campus.
4. All on-campus recruiting related activities.
1. Special events.
2. Student Services activities.
3. Retention activities.
Risk Management and Loss Prevention Activities
1. Actively participate in and carry out activities in support of the college Risk Management Program in a capacity appropriate to this position.
2. Monitor conditions, events, and circumstances present in the college operation to avoid potential torts or injuries to students, staff, or the general public, then communicate observations to the appropriate supervisor and/or Risk Management Committee.
3. Maintain a working knowledge of the college’s emergency procedures and how to operate emergency phone systems; including internal/external call boxes.
Minimum Necessary Skills, Experience, and Educational Background
1. Bachelor's degree.
2. A minimum of five years of directly related experience.
3. Basic working knowledge of personal computer software, including word processing, data base management and spreadsheets.
4. Good verbal and written communication skills.
5. Valid driver's license.
Physical Requirements to Perform Job Functions
1. Capable of lifting 30 pounds.
2. Basic dexterity skills (computer work, telephoning).
This is a security sensitive position and will require a background check as a pre-employment qualifier.